The product fair was a dream!
We managed to sell 15% of our stock meaning we only have to sell 60 more units to break even! Simplex sold the most amount of units out of all of the teams during the product fair. We also received some fantastic feedback on our product and our customers gave us really good ideas on where to sell the product. Two great ideas that emerged were selling to hospitals or care homes and to brand our product for corporate use.
Despite our fantastic sales we failed to secure the best sales pitch prize. We didn’t receive any feedback on how well our sales pitch went or why the winners won the prize. This makes it very difficult to understand how to improve our sales pitch. That being said we sold a large amount of units so our sales couldn’t of been that bad?
I did learn a lot about our stall set up! We managed to get sponsored by Sign Art UK, they provided us with two banners that were designed by us. The banners were fantastic and they made us stand out from the crowed. However, the front of our stall was a bit of a mess. The idea was to create a story board of people using our product and highlight the different types of situations our product can be used. The idea was fantastic however we failed to execute. The front of the stand was made 30 minuets before the fair using resources we found at university. This was poor management and in reflection we should bitten the bullet and scrapped the images and settled with a plane white front.
Effective Product Stall layouts
For our next product fair I want the team to really stand out and look awesome so I have done some little research.
Craft fair secrets highlights 14 points on how to create a great fair display. For our next fair I will be following two key points; make a mock up at home and pick the right props. If we had made a mock up at home we wouldn’t of had have the problem with the front of the stall. We would of recognized it wasn’t as effective as we initially though and changed it. By creating a mock it would also reduce our set up time and maximized our window for sales. Creating a mock would have also given us the opportunity to play around with our props and help maximize how we make our stall stand out.
Below I have added photos of stalls I believe work very well.